The Protest Deadline for most property owners in Williamson County was May 15, 2023.
See your Notice of Appraised Value for your specific deadline.
Online Exemption Information
Use WCAD’s online exemption form for quicker filing and expedited processing time.
Please note there is no fee to file for exemptions, and no need to reapply annually.
Our online Homestead application can be used for the following exemptions, and offers the following benefits:
- General Residence Homestead Exemption
- Over 65 Exemption
- 100% Disabled Veteran Exemption
- Disabled Person Exemption
Online Filing Benefits:
- Application is pre-filled with data from our records, which means you spend less time filling out the form.
- Save yourself the time and money of printing/mailing your application to our office.
- Take out the guess work of whether or not we received your application – get an instant confirmation stating “your application form has been submitted successfully.”
- Faster application processing – visibility of your exemption(s) will appear in your account on our website sooner.
- Works in any browser, on any device.
To get started, simply locate your property via the Property Search box at the top of this page, and click the HS Exemption link.
Please note: Any attached documents will need to have a lower case file extension. Example: driverlicense.jpg instead of driverlicense.JPG
If you have questions concerning this process, contact our office at 512-930-3787.
Exemption eligibility subject to the following:
Property owners may qualify for a general residence homestead exemption, for the applicable portion of that tax year, immediately upon owning and occupying the property as their principal residence, if the preceding owner did not receive the exemption that tax year. Requirements are a Texas issued Driver License or Identification card showing your current physical address.
To be eligible for the Over 65 Exemption you must own and occupy the property. This property must be your principal residence. Only one of the listed owners must be 65 years of age and can apply at any time during the year they turn 65. Requirements are a Texas issued Driver License or Identification card showing your current physical address.
You must be rated as a 100% Disabled Veteran by the Veterans Affairs Administration to apply for this exemption. This property must be your principal residence and you may not claim homestead on another property. The exemption is prorated as of the date you own and occupy your home. Requirements are a copy of your current VA Letter showing the effective date and disability rating, 100% Disabled Veteran entitlement and a Texas issued Driver License or Identification card showing your current physical address.
You must meet the criteria of a disabled person to qualify for the Disabled Person Exemption. If you are considered disabled for purposes of payment of disability insurance benefits, or unable to work, you may qualify for this exemption. You must own and occupy the property as your principal residence. You cannot receive both the Over 65 and the Disabled Person Exemptions. Requirements are a letter showing the effective date of disability and a Texas issued Driver License or Identification card showing your current physical address.
Georgetown TX 78626-8050
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Protesting Your Appraisal Notice – 2023 1 May 2023
- What Is A Homestead Exemption 1 May 2023
- What To Expect – 2023 Appraisal Notices 1 May 2023