Express property review option is available to eligible owners who may wish to alleviate the time spent for travel, work absence, or waiting to review property value with an appraiser at the Williamson Central Appraisal District office.
The recently sold/purchased property review process has been integrated with our online appeal system and now has the same availability and filing deadline as other online protests - May 15th, or the first following business day, if the deadline falls on a weekend.
The Express review program will be available to property owners who meet the following initial requirements. Meeting the initial requirements for the Express review does not necessitate a value change offer from WCAD:
- Purchased residential property between Jan 1st of previous year and Mar 31st of current year
- Notice of Appraised Value Proposed 2023 Total Market Value is higher than property purchase price
- Possesses scanned copy of property sale Settlement Statement, or other official sales document with purchase value and date of sale
- Has access to valid return email address
How to File
If the above-mentioned requirements are met, please follow the steps below to begin your Recently sold express review.
- Begin by searching for your property in our online property search and click the "Protest Online" button toward the top your property details page.
- Note: you will need to sign into the online appeal system, or create a login if you don't already have one.
- Once signed in, click the pull down arrow in the top right corner and select Register online protest (ID passcode).
- Fill in quick ref ID and the online passcode on your Notice of Appraised Value you received in the mail.
- Once directed back to the main page, click the blue box (File a protest) by the account entered.
- You will then be walked through the appropriate steps needed.