Express Inquiry property review option is available to eligible owners who may wish to alleviate the time spent for travel, work absence, or waiting to review property value with an appraiser at the Williamson Central Appraisal District office.
Express review requests will be accepted through May 12th.
The Express Inquiry review program will be available to property owners who meet the following initial requirements. Meeting the initial requirements for the Express Inquiry review does not necessitate a value change offer from WCAD:
- Purchased residential property between Jan 1st of previous year and Mar 31st of current year
- Notice of Appraised Value Proposed 2022 Total Market Value is higher than property purchase price
- Possesses scanned copy of property sale Settlement Statement, or other official sales document with purchase value and date of sale
- Has access to valid return email address
How to Contact
If the above-mentioned requirements are met, you may submit the Express Inquiry form with the following information:
- Property Identification – For best results, use Property account number (QuickrefID), or Property Address. Find your property identification Here
- Attached file of scanned Settlement Statement or sales document – PDF format preferred
To ensure expedient correspondence:
Please mark firstname.lastname@example.org as not spam.
Check Spam or Junk inbox folders if response is not received timely
No other evidence or property concerns will be accepted, nor should be addressed, through Express Inquiry
After submitting the Express Inquiry form, expect a response from WCAD within 10 business days. Below are possible outcomes of Express Inquiry program:
WCAD provides property value offer for the current year
WCAD has received a higher-than-typical number of express inquiries, and it is taking longer than usual for us to review the submissions and reply to applicants. We apologize for any delay, but rest assured that WCAD will reply as quickly as possible and that we will work on these inquiries in the order they are received.
As of April 27, 2022, WCAD will consider all future express submissions as market protests but will continue to send responses through the Express Inquiry process. Rejection or non-response to our email offer will result in a scheduled hearing with a letter informing you of the date and time of that hearing. By doing this, WCAD will ensure that no one loses their opportunity to have a value correction when warranted, or if their Express Inquiry has not been resolved prior to the May 16th appeal deadline.
We appreciate your patience as we work through this unprecedented Express Inquiry volume.
If email offer is rejected by property owner
WCAD requests owner to appear in office for property review
- Protest must be filed by deadline indicated on Notice of Appraised Value.
- Rejection or non-response to email offer will result in a scheduled hearing with a letter informing you of the date and time of that hearing.
- Any further property review will benefit from additional evidence. Please see WCAD Protest Procedures
Deadline to submit required information for review, or accept email value offer, though Express Inquiry is May 12th