Express Inquiry property review option is available to eligible owners who may wish to alleviate the time spent for travel, work absence, or waiting to review property value with an appraiser at the Williamson Central Appraisal District office.
The Express Inquiry review program will be available to property owners who meet the following initial requirements. Meeting the initial requirements for the Express Inquiry review does not necessitate a value change offer from WCAD:
- Purchased residential property between Jan 1 st of previous year and Mar 31st of current year
- Notice of Appraised Value Proposed 2018 Total Market Value is higher than property purchase price
- Possesses scanned copy of property sale Settlement Statement, or other official sales document with purchase value and date of sale
- Has access to valid return email address
How to Contact
If the above mentioned requirements are met, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Property Identification – For best results, use Property account number (QuickrefID), or Property Address. Find your property identification
- Attached file of scanned Settlement Statement or sales document – PDF format preferred
To ensure expedient correspondence:
Please mark email@example.com as not spam
Check Spam or Junk inbox folders if response is not received timely
No other evidence or property concerns will be accepted, nor should be addressed, through Express Inquiry
After contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, expect a response from WCAD within 5 business days. Below are possible outcomes of Express Inquiry program:
WCAD provides property value offer for the current year
- The property owner is responsible for submitting acceptance response to email offer by Express Inquiry offer deadline.
- Acceptance response to email offer constitutes Final Value Agreement and Waiver for current year.
If email offer is rejected by property owner
WCAD requests owner to appear in office for property review
- Protest must be filed by deadline indicated on Notice of Appraised Value.
- Rejection or non-response to email offer is not a valid protest submission.
- If inquiry deadline has not passed, property owner may still visit the WCAD office for unscheduled review.
- Any further property review will benefit from additional evidence. Please see WCAD Protest Procedures
Deadline to submit required information for review, or
accept email value offer, though Express Inquiry is
Midnight Friday May 11th