The Protest Deadline for most property owners in Williamson County was May 15, 2023.
See your Notice of Appraised Value for your specific deadline.
Appointment Of Agent Submission Guidelines
FOR PROMPT PROCESSING OF YOUR APPOINTMENT OF AGENT REQUESTS, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
PER TEXAS PROPERTY TAX CODE SECTION 1.111(b):
- Appointment of agent requests MUST be submitted on a form prescribed by the Comptroller;
- The Comptroller provides two forms specifically for the use by a lessee as the agent for a property owner, or on behalf of a lessee;
- The Comptroller’s forms can be found on their website at https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/property-tax/forms/;
WCAD RECOMMENDS THAT THE SUBMITTING PARTY:
- Email appointment of agent forms to Agents@wcad.org;
- Ensure ownership information provided in Step 1 matches district property records. Please refer to the District’s property records at WCAD.org for current property information;
- Clearly identify properties by providing District assigned property identification numbers or quick reference numbers;
- Ensure forms signed by persons other than the property owner listed in Step 1 appropriately indicate their authority to act on the property owner’s behalf;
- If your client is a property management company, we strongly recommend that proof of the property management companies’ authority be provided with the appointment of agent form. A copy of the agreement between the property owner and the property management company, or a notarized affidavit of authority.
WCAD WILL RETURN TO THE SENDER A NOTICE OF UNPROCESSED FORMS, TYPICALLY WITHIN A WEEK, OR SOON THEREAFTER:
Reasons for returned forms include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Absence of representation authority;
- Forms requiring copies of documentation authorizing signer to designate agents or to act on behalf of the property owner.
- Insufficient agent information;
- Insufficient identification of properties;
- Lessee submissions on incorrect form(s);
- Ownership discrepancies;
- Signature discrepancies to include questionable signer(s), undated forms and lack of signer’s title/identification;
- Submissions on outdated form versions;
- Requests submitted on forms other than a Comptroller prescribed form;
For further assistance on this matter, please contact the Records Department by email at Agents@wcad.org or by phone at 512-930-3787.
Georgetown TX 78626-8050
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Protesting Your Appraisal Notice – 2023 1 May 2023
- What Is A Homestead Exemption 1 May 2023
- What To Expect – 2023 Appraisal Notices 1 May 2023